Tuesday, March 8, 2011

St. Louis Science Center


 The St. Louis Science Center is one of my absolute favorite places in St. Louis, yes I'm 22 and I still love it, in fact I went over winter break.

The Science Center is a place where kids of all ages, young adults, families, friends, grand parents any person, can enjoy learning about different sciences, see over 30 amazing exhibits, visit the up-to-date Planetarium, and Omnimax Theater. It is easy to spend hours in this exciting museum. O and did i mention its FREE!!! General admission is free, however, if you want to enjoy all the extras the museum provides those prices are listed separately on the website. A combination of all these aspects will ensure a great day and lots and lots of learning.

Some of the most well-known exhibits are straight from the website. "The Saint Louis Science Center is a three-building complex (the main building, the EXPLORADOME and the James S. McDonnell Planetarium) with more than 700 hands-on exhibits. In the Science Center galleries you can":
  • Visit a life-sized animated Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops in the Ecology and Environment Galleries
  • Play a laser harp or create a "virtual fish" in Cyberville
  • Explore the science of engineering
  • Cross over the interstate and watch the cars go by on the Bridge
  • Visit the Flight Gallery in the tunnel between the main building and the Planetarium
  • Enjoy innovative live Amazing Science Demonstrations and Science Goes Splat! 
The most memorable experience I had at the Science Center (not including school field trips) was seeing the Omnimax presentation of Space. It was a crazy really adaptation of what life or lack there of is like in space. However, I think I was only ten so yes, it was scary and made me sick. BUT!!!! I was with my cousin, brother, and gma so that is what makes me remember the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment