Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Westport Plaza

Westport Plaza


Westport Plaza located in the central area of St. Louis and right off of Hwy 270 (one of the most accessible hwy in the St. Louis area) is a 42 acre mix of businesses, restaurants, entertainment clubs, and hotels. Westport is a great are for St. Louis natives to go out and have a great night or day with out spending loads of cash. It is also a great place to bring family and friends who are visiting the city or surrounding parts.

Some of the most noted attractions in the plaza are The Funny Bone comedy club, the Train Wreck Saloon, and Pujols 5 Restaurant (yes after the baseball player). There use to be Ozzies which was a restaurant started by and for the St. Louis Cardinal Ozzie Smith. Westport provides walk-ways and sidewalks that make walking around to the different attractions and building easy.

One of my favorite memories was going to dinner at Ozzies and then seeing a show at the Funny Bone with a ton of family members including my mom and dad. Another moment was when I was in an Emerging Leaders group in high school and had the opportunity to interview the owners of Dierdorf & Hart's, one of St. Louis most accredited restaurants.

3 comments:

  1. I'm adding it to our list of things to do the next time we visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks awesome, definitely looks like someplace I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a show with my mom and grandma at the Funny Bone! It was forever ago but I remember loving all the buildings in that area!

    ReplyDelete